Monday, August 6, 2012

Whats on My Face?

I love learning what are people's favorite Foundations, BB Creams, and Tinted Moisturizers. Basically what does everyone love to wear on their face? I got the idea for this post from A Little Bit etc. You should check out her blog as she does some great posts. I am only going to be talking about what I currently own and use and what I currently like that I own. I have some other BB creams that I am not 100% sure yet so I didn't want to talk about them in this post. I do want to mention that my favorite all time foundation is Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville. I plan on picking this up as soon as I finish up some of my other foundations.

What Makeup is on my face?
Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Neutrogena Healthy Skin, Bourjous Healthy Mix, Maybelline BB Cream


1. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation in Nude 40

I have really been enjoyed this foundation for the summer. Its lightweight enough to wear in the summer time if you want some more coverage. It is very watery though and it can drip on my face quickly if I don't blend it in. I use all of my face products with the beauty blender, which I love. This has SPF 20 which is nice for during the day but I wouldn't wear this for photography. You get 1 oz and it costs between $10-$15 at the drugstore.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin






2. Maybelline BB Cream in Light/Medium

I picked this up recently for my BB Cream comparison. I think in terms of drugstore one's this is my favorite one. The other ones are too oily for my skin. I have normal skin that gets a little oily in the summer. I prefer shine to come from a highlighter and not be all over my face. This is very sheer but give's you a nice summer glow which I like. If you have bad skin or need more coverage this will not be for you. This is Broad Spectrum SPF 30 and contains Titanium Dioxide 1.15% as the active Sunscreen ingredient. You get 1 oz of product and it costs around $10 at the drugstore.





Maybelline BB Cream


3. Bourjous Healthy Mix in Vanilla 52

So a friend of mine picked this up for me in London. I don't know if its the best color match for my skintone but I can make it work. It kind of has a more yellow tone then pink compared to the other ones in this post. You get 1 oz of product. This is not sold in the US so I'm not sure the price. This is a more medium coverage foundation. This product does not contain SPF so you can use this for photography. This is a bit heavier so I would prefer to use this in Fall/Winter and not Summer.

Bourjous Healthy MixBourjous Healthy Mix








4. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland

This is my favorite of the bunch. I just love Nars face products. Nars sheer glow is my favorite foundation. This product has great coverage for a tinted moisturizer but yet feels light on the face. I used to think that Laura Mercier made the best tinted moisturizer's but I think that Nars beats them hands down. You get 1.9 oz of product and it retails for $42. So it is a little bit more expensive but I think its worth every penny. This is SPF 30 PA+++. The active ingredient is oxtinoxate 7.4%  and titanium dioxide at 6.1%. I think that this provides the best sunscreen coverage of all of the products listed in this post. 

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted MoisturizerNars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer







Below are swatches of all of the products I am currently wearing on my face:
What Makeup is Currently on my Face
L.R. Neutrogena Healthy Skin, Maybelline BB Cream, Bourjous Healthy Mix, Nars Tinted Moisturizer


What are some of your favorite products to where on your face? Do you switch your products depending on the season?

xx
Meredith

2 comments:

  1. I am still undecided about the NARS tinted moisturizer because I am so oily so I am afraid it will enhance it too much - still on the fence. Never tried any Neutrogena products so may have to swing by and take a peek. Ok - putting Maybelline BB on my list - gotta see all the hype :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you would like these if you are super oily. You could go to Sephora and get a sample to try out though. The Neutrogena is a drugstore dupe supposedly to Nars Sheer Glow. I don't think they are same but I like both.

      Delete