Sunday, August 12, 2012

Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover Review

I wanted to do a review of this product since I know a lot of people are always looking for good drugstore eye-makeup removers and thought I would let you know my thoughts on this product. I picked this up at CVS on a whim and this is actually my second time buying it. I paid around $8.49 for a 4.3 oz bottle in NYC but I'm sure you can get it cheaper outside of NYC. I believe that this is only sold at CVS.

Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover Review


Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover Review



This product promises to "Softens and conditions while lifting away impurities and waterproof makeup." I think that it does a nice job of softening and conditioning my lashes and a pretty good job of taking off my eye-makeup. I don't wear waterproof mascara typically and this gets off I would say 85% of my eye-makeup. The rest I get off with my Boscia oil pre-cleanser. I wish it got off 100% but since this is drugstore I can't complain too much. I find that the higher end ones like Clinique and Lancome do usually get off 100% of my eye-makeup. They are my favorite high end ones. Also I find that you don't have to tug really hard to get the eye-makeup off which is nice since you don't want to be tugging ever at your gentle eye area.


Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover Review


I like that this is a dual-phase as I think that they take off eye-makeup better than regular ones. Dual-phase means that you have to shake this in order to get the oil and liquid to mix together. Kind of like mixing oil and vinegar. This doesn't leave my eyes feeling greasy or blurry at all and doesn't burn my eyes which is a huge plus. There are a lot of drugstore eye-makeup removers that I can't use before they sting and burn my eyes. Nobody wants that.


Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover Review


I really like the packaging. It has a stopper so you just shake it out onto your cotton pad (I use the Shiesedo cotton) and just the right amount comes out. You don't have to worry about by accident pouring out too much like some other products. In terms of the value you get for your money, I think that this is product is a good value for what you are getting. Thanks to the packaging you cant really use too much which is nice so it lasts a really long time. This is definitely worth the money.

Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover Review


This is a pretty natural product. It contains cucumber, rosewater, chamomile, lavender, mimosa, blue agave, camapu, prickley pear, and glycerin. There are also several other ingredients as shown below. The first three are: water, cyclopentasiloxane, and cyclohexasiloxane. I'm not sure what these two things are but whatever they are they work great. This product is dermatologist tested, opthamalogist tested, not tested on animals, fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and gluten free. This also has a nice faint rose scent which I like. It smells fresh and natural.

Nuance Salma Hayek Cucumber & Rosewater Dual Phase Makeup Remover Review


Overall I think that this is a great product. If you are in the market for a new eye-makeup remover and like dual phase ones then I say pick this one up.

Have any of you tried this product out? What are your thoughts? If not what are some of your favorite eye-makeup removers?

xx
Meredith

3 comments:

  1. I saw this featured on The Rachael Ray Show a while back and wanted to try it but I am not close to a CVS. I might just have to make a special trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out. It's not expensive. I like it a lot for drugstore options.

      Delete
    2. order by mail online....

      Delete