I was recently tagged by Kristen from Beauty Moxie to do the Liebster Award blogger tag and answer some questions about myself. She is super sweet and has a great blog so I recommend checking her out.
The Liebster Award seems to be a kind of tag that tries to help introduce you to up and coming bloggers. Hopefully through this post you will learn a little bit more about me and also have the opportunity to discover some new blogs. The rules for the tag are:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ' tagger ' has set for them
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
11 Things About Me
1. I was born in Florida.
2. I started a book club with my friends that has been going on for over 5 years now.
3. When I was younger I always wanted to be an Interior Decorator.
4. My weakness is Candy. I love Dylan's Candy store in NYC.
5. I've never been to Chicago but am dying to go.
6. I'm afraid of heights.
7. I picked my major as soon as I started college and never looked back.
8. I'm very close with my family and they all are either in NJ or NY.
9. I've known my closest friend for the past 29 years.
10.I'm only 5'0 tall.
11. I cannot leave my apartment without mascara.
My questions from Beauty Moxie
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have only been blogging since the beginning of July 2012. So I'm a newbie. But I am really enjoy it so far and enjoy connecting with my readers. I hope you all enjoyed reading as much as I enjoy writing!
2. What was the first makeup item you ever used?
Hmm, thats pretty hard to remember but I'm sure it was some flavored Bonne Bell chapstick or something. I didn't really start getting into makeup seriously into my late 20's.
3. What's your favorite drug store cosmetic brand?
Probably NYX or Revlon. It's hard for me to pick. I really like NYX jumbo pencils, blush, some eyeshadow singles, eyeliner, and lipgloss. Revlon has great lip products and foundations. I'm not as into their eyeshadows and blushes though.
4. What is your favorite lipgloss?
Wow are these questions hard. I would probably have to say my Buxom one's are my favorite. They just look amazing on the lips. For the summer I have really been enjoying Creamsicle. I heard that they just came out with some new colors which I'm really excited to try out.
5. Do your nails and toes have to match if you have them both painted?
I hate matching my toes and nails. I feel like its so much more modern to have colors that don't match but that work well together.
6. Do you wear makeup everyday?
Yes, I wear some form of makeup everyday. On the weekends I like to let my skin breathe a little bit more though so I sometimes try to skip foundation/tinted moisturizer. Overall I go lighter on all of my makeup during the weekends.
7. Is makeup your hobby or profession?
I think its a hobby for sure but not my profession. I have a regular 9-5 full time job. Makeup is just something fun that I enjoying playing around with.
8. What's your dream vacation destination?
I would love to go to Greece. That's probably at the top of my list right now. It just looks so beautiful that its a dream vacation for me.
9. Do you have an obsession with a specific product?
I don't know if I have an obsession but I always have to use to Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray everyday I do my makeup. I won't leave the house without using it.
10. How often do you shop for makeup?
I probably shop for makeup too much. It's for the blog right? For the readers? That's what I try and tell myself at least. Probably I shop a few times a week. Weekends tend to be when I do the most damage and sometimes online too. I know once November hits is when things start to get crazy because of the sales.
11. What's the longest you've gone without buying makeup?
I have probably gone a few months without buying makeup but it was extremely hard. I always think about doing a project 10 pan but for now I just try and keep it to a low buy since I already have enough makeup for the rest of my life pretty much.
I tag the bloggers below to answer the following questions:
1. Where is your favorite store to shop for makeup?
2. What one type of product would you say you have the most of (i.e. blush, lipgloss, lipstick, etc)?
3. What do your friends and family think of your makeup habit?
4. What's your favorite part about blogging?
5. What makeup is on your wishlist right now?
6. Do you stick to beauty rules when it comes to wearing certain makeup in certain seasons?
7. Are there any makeup products that you don't wear (i.e. mascara, eyeliner, blush, etc)?
8. Do you have more high end or drugstore makeup?
9. Do you wait for a sale to buy makeup or buy it full price at the drugstore?
10. What is your favorite mascara of all time?
11. What advice to you have to fellow newbie bloggers to get more people to find out about your blog?
I tag the following wonderful bloggers:
Please visit all of these blogs as they really do have some great information to share. I hope you all enjoyed learning a little bit more about me.
What is everyone up to this weekend? I am going to Sephora tomorrow for my free VIB makeover. I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm sure I won't come back empty handed.