Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nars Blush Collection + Swatches

I have a large blush collection so I thought I would start off by sharing with you my Nars collection. I really enjoy Nars blushes. They are nicely pigmented but when used with the right brush can either be very soft or you can build up to a lot of color. I have fair skin and all of these colors work well for me. Nars has a nice variety of shimmer, satins, and mattes in their blush collection. I think I have a nice variety here to show you as well. Nars blushes retail for $28 USD. You can purchase them at Sephora or on Nars website.

Nars Blush Collection
Nars Blush Collection


Top Row (left to right, Sin, Gina, Deep Throat)
Bottom Row (left to right, Madly, Orgasm, Sex Appeal)

Sin
This is my go to color for Fall and Winter. I think this color works well for fair skin as well as darker skins. It is a really pretty plum color. Sephora describes it as a berry with gold shimmer. I don't see the gold shimmer in this and I don't like too much shimmer in my blushes for everyday. This is a must have color. 


Nars Sin Blush


Gina
For some reason this color isn't sold on the Sephora website so I'm not sure if they aren't making this color anymore. I had heard good things about this color and so I picked it up but never reach for it. It has orange undertones with some peach. It's a pretty color for Summer but not sure if I love it or not. I think I just need to give it more of a chance. This is a matte blush.

Nars Gina Blush 



Deep Throat
This is another must have color in anyone's collection. I really think that this color can be worn year round. This is describes on Sephora as peach with shimmer. Again the shimmer is very light in this. When I think of shimmer I think of Orgasm. This has more of a pretty sheen. 

Nars Deep Throat BlushNars Deep Throat Blush 


Madly
This is a more recent purchase. I kind of really like these neutral colors for everyday. This is a nice neutral for summer. This is described as a soft seashell pink and is a shimmer. This is a blush that you don't have to worry about going overboard on with too much color. This just makes me look healthy and gives me some nice color. 

Nars Madly BlushNars Madly Blush



Sex Appeal
This color only would work well on fair skin people as it is very light. It is very powdery but I love this color on my cheeks. It's good for those days where I don't like to look like I am wearing blush. I don't hear a lot about this color but I'm really glad I have it in my collection. It is a pale peachy/pink color. I think that this color seems matte. 

Nars Sex Appeal BlushNars Sex Appeal Blush


Orgasm 
And what would be a nars blush post without talking about orgasm. I stupidly depotted this from a Nars palette that I had with included Laguna and Albatross. I still have Albatross but used up the Laguna bronzer. This is a nice summer color for at night. I don't reach for this as much during the day. I think this has way too much gold shimmer in it for me to wear everyday. This is described as a peachy/pink with shimmer. A lot of gold shimmer for sure. I do think that this blush is a little overatted but I like the color. 

Nars Orgasm BlushNars Orgrasm Blush 

Nars Blush Swatches
Swatches top to bottom (Madly, Sex Appeal,  Sin, Orgasm, Deep Throat, Gina)

I still have on my wishlist Doceur and Gaeity. Do you have any Nars blushes? What are some of your favorites or ones that are on your wishlist?

xx
Meredith

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love it too. I'm really glad that I picked it up. It's not like any of my neutral blushes.

      Delete
  2. What MAC blush would you say Madly compares to? Is it a permanent shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any MAC blushes (yet :)) so its hard for me to say but I think people have said Warm Soul is similar. Do you have a lot of MAC blushes? I haven't gotten into them yet?

      Delete
  3. Suprisingly I do not have any NARS blushes yet, after this post, i may have to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What blushes do you have a lot of? I like Nars blushes a lot. I have a variety though. I like Tarte, Benefit, Illamasqua, and some drugstore ones too.

      Delete
  4. I have been trying to decide between Nars Madly and Tarte Exposed. Which one do you think is better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so hard because I really love them both. Do you prefer more matte blushes typically or more with a sheen? I'll swatch them next to each other on instagram and twitter. If you find me on either you can see them side by side.

      Delete
  5. Wow, SO jealous of your collection! The one that appeals to me the most out of these is definitely Sin. I'm gonna have to look into that... :) Great post!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sin is amazing. I love it so much. Some similiar drugstore ones are Rimmel I think its called Berry and then NYX has one called Raisin. I may do a post comparing the 3 of them.

      Delete
  6. Awesome blog dear, love your make up tips and posts! Following you now. Looking forward to your next posts!

    Visit my blog too and follow if you want. I'd love to be friends with you. :)
    ♥ M.
    starsandstitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. That really means I lot to me. I hope you continue to enjoy my posts.

      Delete
  7. Wow we have the same preferences in these blushes,I have deep throat,orgasm,luster,douceur,gina,exhibit A,gaiety and amour. I am still contemplating whether to get sin or not,since I live in a tropical country and I am NC30-NC35 for reference. sin is just gorgeous though! ;) do you think I should get it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow we have the same preferences in these blushes,I have deep throat,orgasm,luster,douceur,gina,exhibit A,gaiety and amour. I am still contemplating whether to get sin or not,since I live in a tropical country and I am NC30-NC35 for reference. sin is just gorgeous though! ;) do you think I should get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Orgasm and Mata Hari right now, but boy am I going to start collecting these. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete