Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's in My October Birchbox

So this month Birchbox contacted me to see if I would be interested to opt-in for the Goop box instead of the regular Birchbox. I wasn't sure what to do but decided to choose the Goop Birchbox. Goop was founded by Gwyneth Paltrow in 2008 to share recipes, fashion, travel guides, wellness tips, cultural notes, and more. I figured I might get some good high end products with this box so that's why I decided to get it instead of the regular box. Read on to find out what I did end up getting in my box.

October Goop Birchbox


October Goop Birchbox


October Goop Birchbox

October Goop Birchbox

October Goop Birchbox


So the first thing that I saw in my box was this Luna bar. While I really enjoy Luna Bars I hate getting food in my box. I didn't sign up to get food. If I wanted to food I would sign up for a food box and not a beauty box. To me this is annoying but at least the bar tastes good. Birchbox says, "These zesty snacks are a goop fave. They're perfect to keep you full in between meals plus they can double as a healthy dessert!)" A pack of 15 retails for $18.75.

Luna LemonZest Bar


The next thing I got was the Eve Lom cleanser and muslin cloth.( I ripped the package before taking the photo and it didn't come ripped) This was probably the thing that I was most excited about in the box. I have really been wanting to try out cleansing balms. I have been enjoying using this so much and this has confirmed for me how green this type of cleansing can be. I am very interested in trying out the Emma Hardie one but they only sell it in the UK. Birchbox says, "The balm-like cleanser gently purifies and tones skin, while the matching finely woven cloth exfoliates without causing irritation." A full size is $22-$50.

Eve Lom Cleanser

Eve Lom Cleansing Balm with Muslin Cloth


This was the second most annoying thing in my box. What annoyed me most was the size of the sample.I have received this exact same sample for free with a Sephora order. I don't really think things like this should count toward the items in my box. I got the color Melrose. I'll probably get a few uses out of it. Birchbox says, "Part tinted gloss and part moisturizing lip treatment, this multitasker has you covered on all fronts." A full size retails for $24.

Perfekt Beauty Lip Gel


I received a DDF sample of Wrinkle Resist Pore Minimizer. I always like to get serum samples so this is a good one to get. I don't have large pores though but hopefully this will help to add moisture back to my skin. Birchbox says, "This high-tech moisturizing serum fills in pores and wrinkles for instantly smoother skin, while peptides and vitamins provide long-term anti-aging benefits." A full size retails for $85.

DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer


The last item I got was the Chantecaille Faux Cils mascara sample. This mascara in a full size retails for $42. I highly doubt I would ever buy a $42 mascara. I've never heard anyone ever talk about this so I'm not very confident on it being that amazing. I plan on doing a giveaway of all of my unused mascara samples so I've included this in the pile.It is a really nice sample though if you like trying out high end mascaras. Birchbox says, "Meet your new wand love-this water-resistant mascara delivers exceptional volume, length, and curl."

Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara

That was my October Birchbox. I am glad that I opted in to the Goop box as I got to try out the Eve Lom cleanser. That alone was worth the box for me. What did you all get in your October box? Did you get the Goop box or the regular birchbox?

xx
Meredith

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a nice selection of super high-end goodies! That's exciting, though I agree, the samples are quite small. Hope there's enough to give them a fair try, and hope you enjoy the Eve Lom cleanser :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the Eve Lom cleanser but recently started a whole new routine that I am trying out so it's not getting used a ton right now.

      Delete
  2. I also got the goop box, but it was blah. Like you, I don't want food! Give me pretty things and nice-sized samples. I'm looking forward to the balm cleanser, but my box was pretty deflating. I got the same things you did except the lip color. I got a nourishing hair mask by Amika. Idk who that is! Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair mask is pretty good from Amika. I got it in another box and really enjoyed it. I'm excited to see what comes next month. I just really enjoy getting the boxes in general. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and comment!

      Delete