Friday, October 5, 2012

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy Le Vernis

Chanel Frenzy Le Vernis ($26 USD for .4 fl oz) is described as a "lilac grey". It is part of the CHANEL’s fall 2012 ‘Les Essentiels de CHANEL’ collection. I think its a combination of a taupe, a light grey, and mixed with a lilac almost but leans more taupe/grey. I have heard that Essie Sand Tropez is similar to this color. I don't have Sand Tropez so I'm not really sure. This color is super classy and chic. It gives you an almost nude nail without being too nude. 

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy


Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

The packaging of Chanel polish is truly beautiful. If you like to display your nail polish this the perfect bottle to put out on display. I was really impressed with it.

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy


Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

The cap is similar to a Butter London nail polish in that you first have to remove the cap and then you can unscrew the actual nail polish applicator. I would prefer to just have a one step process but if the nail polish is pretty enough I will deal with it. 

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

The polish applied very thin so I had to do three coats to make it opaque. You might be able to get away with 3 but I wanted to do 3 since it is a lighter color. The polish not apply streaky and I found it really easy to apply. I've haven't been wearing this too long but it seems like it is going to hold up well with minimal chipping. 

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

Nail of the Day-Chanel Frenzy

Being that this is my first Chanel nail polish I am really happy with it. I prefer to spend more money on a color that I know I will wear a lot. This is so neutral that I know I will get a lot of wear out of it. I ordered mine online from Nordstrom's. I know that this is an expensive nail polish but I think its a great one for everyone to add to their collection. It has gotten a lot of hype recently and I think its worth the hype for sure. The color and formula are great. What are some of your favorite Chanel nail polishes? 

xx
Meredith 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a pretty shade! I've been loving nude polishes for fall, and this one looks really lovely. I just bought O.P.I. Don't Pretzel My Buttons, another great nude, and have been really liking it so far. I featured it in my most recent blog post!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy I got this one. It's my first chanel and I like it a lot. I think it chipped way faster than my other ones but not too bad.

      Delete
  2. Amazing colour! I dont have anything like that, I think I should get one too. Which is funny, cos I have so many nail polishes that I always say to myself, after I get new one, that now I have all the colours I need and I'm done shopping for nail polishes. And then.....I see something like this, that I dont have anything like that....lol.....So I just watch quitly my collection growing and growing.....The same aplies for all the make up....

    Nice blog girl :)

    Check out mine if you like :) Different topic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to buy colors that I don't have anything like it. I think when you are a nail polish junkie though we think things look different when to regular people they would look the same. I've tried to be much more selective recently. I'll check out your blog for sure. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete