Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate Review & Photos

I am a huge skincare junkie and put on some type of serum morning and night. I like to use more active serums at night and more moisturizing or hydrating ones in the morning. Kiehl's developed and formulated this with 10.5% pure vitamin C that according to their website is clinically-demonstrated to improve overall skin texture, tone, and radiance while reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. "It is supposed to give your skin a triple boost by stimulating collagen production, providing anti-oxidant protection and exfoliating skin to reveal healthier-looking skin." 

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line Reducing Concentrate Review & Photos


When applying this product Kiehl's recommends first cleansing your skin and then applying it night and day avoiding the eye area. Kiehl's warns that you may experience a feeling of warmth which is a normal sensation. I do find that when I apply this at night after my toner but before my nightime moisturizer that I can get a bit on tingling that goes away quickly as well as a bit of warmth. I find it tingles more for me in areas I am more broken out. I don't mind this feeling though as it tells me that the product is working. I use only two pumps for my whole face and find that this product lasts a long time which is nice since it isn't a cheap product. 

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line Reducing Concentrate Review & Photos

The formula is a white creamy consistency. A lot of people say that it has a primer type of feel. I can see why people say that because it does go on similar to a primer with  dimethicone.  Some people have complained of a greasy feel but I don't find it greasy at all. I also think it absorbs well into my skin and I really like how my skin feels super soft after I apply it. It also absorbs quickly which is nice. I don't find that this has much of a scent. 

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line Reducing Concentrate Review & Photos

The packaging is very simple like most Kiehl's products. I really like it though. Also I like that they put this in a dark bottle since I think it helps keep the Vitamin C formulation last longer and keep it potent longer. This is a plastic container too which is nice if you want to travel with it since it's not heavy and you don't have to worry about breaking it. For the price though I think that they could splurge on glass packaging that would make this product feel a bit more luxe. The pump is great because it is super small so you don't have to worry about pumping out too much product. Because it's not clear you don't really know how much you have left but I'll sacrifice that for helping the product last longer. 

Two of the main ingredients are Glycerin and L-Ascorbic Acid. According to the Kiehl's website, "Glycerin is a by-product of soap manufacturing and is a clear, syrupy liquid, usually derived from vegetable oil and obtained by adding alkalies to fats and fixed oils. It is a solvent humectant and emollient in many skin care products, as it absorbs moisture from the air and thereby helps products retain their moisture. It improves the spreadability of products and has definite skin moisturizing benefits. L-Ascorbic Acid, also known as Pure Vitamin C, is a highly efficacious antioxidant known for its powerful ability to improve the appearance of skin aging. Pure Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis and provides powerful antioxidant protection from skin damaging free-radicals."

Ingredients: Proppylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauroyl Lysine, AcylatesCoporlymer, Adenosine Fmla 685275/21 Code F.I.L.: D39705/1

Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line Reducing Concentrate Review & Photos

Overall I really do like this product. I can see a lot of people not liking the consistency but once you get used to it, it's not that big of a deal. I have clear skin with minimal breakouts but I think that this does help the evenness of my skintone. I don't have any wrinkles yet so I can't speak to that. They claim that this is as powerful as Retinol. I haven't really seen it fade my sun spots (i.e. freckles) but I think that is something really hard to get rid of unless you go to a dermatologist. If you are into Vitamin C, which you should be because it works great, I would give this a try. If you aren't 100% sure see if they can give you a sample. Kiehl's is usually really good about samples. Also don't forget about Kiehl's recycling program if you buy products from them. You can check out my post on stores that have recycling programs here. 

This product retails for $58 USD for 1.7 oz or $77 for 2.5 oz. It has received 4 1/2 stars out of 126 reviews on their website. It was rated 3.8/5 on MakeupAlley with 64 reviews. 68% of the people said they would buy this again. Have you tried this product out? What are some of your favorite serums?

xx
Meredith 

1 comment:

  1. I got samples of this product but havent tried it yet.. I really like elizabeth arden's prevage anti ageing serum.. It's hydrating and feels nice on the skin.. Havent seen any major differences with it though.. But i think the resukts show through time..

    ReplyDelete