Saturday, September 15, 2012

Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos

I've decided to start a new series on cult products and talk about if they are worth the hype or not. I know I always hear talk on certain products on YouTube, Beauty Blogs, Sephora, etc. of people raving about products but I'm not always sure what if they are "Worth the Hype." My first post in this series will be on the Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs for Normal or Dry Skin. They also have one for Combination to Oily skin but I thought this one was better suited for me. I picked this up at the Nordstorm Anniversary sale for Fall/Winter. I have normal/combination skin that gets dehydrated when the weather gets colder. I thought that this would be a good cleanser to help hydrate my skin.

Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos


Clarins says, "Soothing cleansing milk lifts away make-up and impurities with spa-like efficiency. Clarins’ proprietary blend of softening and toning plant extracts — including Alpine Herbs, St. John’s Wort, Sweet Almond, Marshmallow and Linden — helps maintain skin’s perfect moisture balance for optimum comfort and radiance. Leaves skin feeling soft, supple and perfectly refreshed."

I really like the packaging that this comes in. It is very sheek looking and looks great in my medicine cabinet. It's also great because you can see how much you've used up. I always hate packaging that you can't tell how much is left. The packaging also allows you to get out the right amount of product. Some cleansers pour out too much product which I hate. You get 7 oz. or 200 ml of product for $30. I think that Clarins products are more reasonably priced for high end skincare. Sephora describes this "as a botanical-based, balancing lotion-textured cleanser." They say it is designed for, "dry-to-normal skin types, this daily-use cleanser leaves skin feeling fresh and comfortable. It naturally sets the stage for a healthy, beautiful complexion." I find that all Clarins product do have some type of a fragrance. If you prefer skincare without fragrances I would go toward more natural lines like Boscia or Caudalie. I don't really mind the scent, it isn't too overpowering but is definitely there. 


Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos

  • Ingredients:
  • Bio-ecolia: preserves the skin's balance.
  • Hydrophilic oils: cleanse.
  • Vitamins A , E: improve skin quality.
  • Alpine herbs: soften.
  • St John's Wort, Sweet Almond: moisturize.
  • Melissa, Juniper, Arnica: tone.


Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos
How Product Comes Out

Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos
Cleanser Squeezed Out of Packaging

 This cleanser can be used morning and night to wash your face and take off makeup. If you a Clarisonic I would not use this cleanser with it as it is not a foaming cleanser. I think this is good to use as a precleanse before using a foaming cleanser or by itself. I currently am using this only in the morning as an a.m. cleanser to just quickly wash my face. At night I use a Boscia cleansing oil and the Clarins foaming face wash with my Clarisonic. I find that works best for me right now. I take a dime to quarter sized amount and gently rub it on my face. It will feel like you are rubbing a watery lotion on your face. Then I take water and rinse it off. You could also wipe it off with cotton pads or a washcloth if you prefer. 


How Clarins Suggests Using It
Morning and evening, apply following Clarins gentle cleansing method. Warm Cleansing Milk to skin temperature in the palms of the hands. Apply by gently placing the flats of the hands over the face. Hold for several seconds without pressing. Briskly lift the hands off the face. Repeat 5-6 times, including on the neck: the milk will gradually thicken and create a suction effect to lift off make-up and impurities without irritating or pulling the skin. Rinse with water or remove with a tissue. Follow with Clarins Toning Lotion.


Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos
Dime Sized Amount of Cleanser

Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos
Cleanser Rubbed into Skin without water

Worth the Hype? Clarins Cleansing Milk, Review & Photos
Cleanser completely rubbed into skin (not rinsed)
Overall I think that this product is 100% worth the hype. There is something very spa like about Clarins skincare which I love. I do think that this product works and helps to make my skin less dehydrated. It is very gentle and would work well for sensitive skin. I think it does a great job of removing makeup but have yet to try it out on the eyes. I also think you get a good amount of product for your money which is always a plus. This makes my skin feel very soft after using it. It may leave a slight film but I don't mind since its almost like a moisturizer and it doesn't clog my pores or break me out. Sometimes I feel like I could skip moisturizer after using this since my skin is so soft but I don't ever do that.  One negative for some is that this does contain parabens. If you don't like that then you may need to skip this product. I was on a no parabens kick for a while but I'm still not 100% sure if it matters or not and there are just too many good products to pass on that do contain parabens. This has received amazing reviews on both Sephora and MakeupAlley websites. 

Have any of you tried this? Is it worth the hype to you? Let me know if you like skincare reviews or prefer more makeup. I want to give you all posts that you are interested! Have a lovely rest of your weekend. 

xx
Meredith 

No comments:

Post a Comment