Friday, January 18, 2013

Nail of the Day: Chanel Malice

It's been forever since I have done a NOTD post. Why not come back big with Chanel? This has been a very talked about polish for Fall/Winter so I decided to pick it up. While it is pretty I just don't know if I get the hype just yet. I may need to wear it again to see but I'm not sure that this would make any favorites list just yet. This polish is $26 and you get .40 fl oz. So not cheap by any means but Chanel does make some very unique colors so sometimes its worth it. 

Nail of the Day: Chanel Malice


The color is a deep dark red with some very fine shimmer in it. I personally only really see the shimmer in the sunlight, otherwise it kind of gets lost. This is one of those dark reds that leans almost black but you can still tell its a burgundy/red/wine color. I found that this polish lasted quite a while on my nails considering everyone always complains how much Chanel polishes chip. It was fairly easy to polish my nails with as well. Temptalia has some great swatches of the color where you can really see the shimmer. I just didn't see it on my nails.

Nail of the Day: Chanel Malice

Nail of the Day: Chanel Malice

Nail of the Day: Chanel Malice

Nail of the Day: Chanel Malice

Nail of the Day: Chanel Malice

So while I do like this color I'm not yet 100% sold whether or not this is worth the hype. I still have a little bit of time to give it a second try. What do you all think? Do you love it or do you think its a pass?

xx
Meredith

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love this vampy shade! Gotta maximize its use before we head into spring and summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful deep, rich shade. Chanel always hits the nail on the head with its seasonal shades. I'm such a sucker for vampy shades this time of year! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful deep color! Although still not sure if it's worth the Chanel price tag. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color is very rich and gorgeous! It looks lovely on your skintone but it is quite expensive!

    ReplyDelete