Sunday, February 3, 2013

January Empties

Since last month I didn't have that many empties this month I went through things like crazy. I actually also went through a lot of makeup this month, partially because I needed to toss a lot of mascaras that had dried up. A lot of Bath & Body Works as usual and a ton of skincare. I'm really trying to use up what I have before I go out and buy new stuff. I've been doing a pretty good job of that so far and that's why you haven't heard about any new makeup purchases from me recently. I just have so much stuff that I really need to focus on using it all up.

January Empties
January Empties

Bath & Body Works

I finished up 4 large candles. Peach Bellini and Peppermint Mocha were my favorites and I would repurchase them. I love all things Vanilla Bean Noel during the winter and would repurchase anything in that scent again. I used the Country Chic body butter for my feet at night. It was just ok and I don't really love the scent. 

January Empties


Skincare

Things I would repurchase from this photo for sure are the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm and the Dior apricot cuticle cream. Everything else was good but I'm not sure about repurchasing at the moment. I am considering getting the Caudalie Grape Water again since it isn't expensive. Their Beauty Elixir is great and has a very relaxing scent but I stopped using it during the winter because it does contain alcohol and I was afraid it might dry out my skin. I may go back to it in the Spring/Summer though. The Shiesedo White Lucent Brightening  Moisturizing Emulsion is good but doesn't do much for brightening my skin. It is a good moisturizer though. I enjoyed the Kiehls Rosa Artica Lightweight cream but don't know if I would repurchase. The St. Ives exfoliating pads are great for the price. I didn't really like the 100% Pure Caffeine Eye Cream. I felt like the product went bad really quickly and the smell was super strong. I just didn't enjoy it. The Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp is great to take off makeup. I really like it but I've been trying out a new product. I would repurchase this though. I am still using the Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester 15. It is super expensive but I do think its a good product. I switched from Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover to the Clinique Take the Day Off. The Clinique is cheaper and while it may not be as good its good enough. I also felt that the Lancome might have been drying out my eyelids a bit. The Yes to Blueberries wipes are a miss for me. They are not wet, dry out quickly and don't remove makeup. I would pass on these. 

January Empties


Hair Care & Body Care

I love my Shick Intuition razors and will never stop buying them. The Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is amazing and I will repurchase it. The Toms deodorant is ok but goes on a bit wet. I don't plan to repurchase this. The Fekkai Brillant Glossing cream was ok but I will not buy a full size. The Redken All Soft conditioner is a great product and I would repurchase this. It left my hair very soft. The Awapuhi Styling Treatment Oil is a little bit heavy on my hair. I think that there are better oils out there. L'Occitane makes amazing hand creams but I don't like this lavender one. The Oral-B satin floss is my favorite type of floss. This glides the easiest.

January Empties


Makeup 

I finished up the Viktor&Rolf  Flowerbomb rollerball perfume. This is more of a nightime scent for me. I usually do get compliments on it but its too strong to wear to work. I finished 5 mascaras. I like the Jordana Best Lash Extreme, Maybelline Great Lash  in Clear (for my brows), and Clinique Bottom Lash. I would repurchase all of these. The rest I would skip. I didn't like the Loreal Voluminous in Waterproof. I finished a mini Nars Laguna and a mini Benefit Watts Up. I would repurchase both of these and have the full sized Benefit Watts Up. These mini products lasted me months of daily use. You would be surprised how long they take to use up. I really enjoyed the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light/Medium and would repurchase it. The Maybelline Define a Brow was a miss for me and it could have been the color. I got Dark Blonde but next time I would try a darker color. I found the tip broke easily though. I used up my Revlon lip butter in Berry Smoothie which I would repurchase. I also kind of gave up on my mini glosses. I hate mini glosses and find that the color is so hard to get out after a while. 

January Empties

So that is it for my empties this month. I'm happy to go through so much makeup. My goal is to finish up the same amount of products in February and try and not purchase a ton of new stuff. If you make empties videos or do blog posts on this I would love to see your empties. If not just let me know what you used up.

xx
Meredith

7 comments:

  1. This is mine!
    http://notanobession.blogspot.ca/2013/02/empties-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! That's a TON of stuff! I'm so envious! I wish I could use up more myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job! That is SUPER inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive and I agree this is inspiring. I need to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! This is a lot of stuff! Very impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Here's the link to my post on it: http://beautybooksandblouses.blogspot.com/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW That is a lot of empties! I thought I used up a lot :) x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete