Saturday, January 5, 2013

Top 12 of 2012

I'm excited to share with you all my top 12 beauty products of 2012. I debated about doing a longer post breaking maybe more of my favorites into categories. If you would like a lengthier post with more favorites please let me know and I can certainly do that. But for now these are the top 12 things that I loved this past year. Most of these products I use on a daily basis so that's how I know that something is truly a favorite. Most of these products can be found either at your local drugstore, Ulta, or Sephora.

Top 12 Beauty Products of 2012
Top 12 of 2012
1. Shiesedo Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector SPF 42 PA+++- I included this in my November favorites post and I still love this product. If you have oily skin or if you don't this is an amazing sunscreen. I plan to use this in both the winter and the summer but just mix up what moisturizers I use. This is not oily and all and doesn't make my face shiny. Great to use before putting on makeup and great size for travel.

2. Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush- I picked up the Real Techniques brushes in 2012 and this is my favorite of the bunch. I use this everyday for my bronzer. It works amazing to give my skin a nice dose of color and cleans super well. The price of the brush is very reasonable and is very lightweight.

3. Benefit Eye Bright- I have been using this prior to 2012 but I love this product. I use this everyday on my browbone and also in the inner corner of my eyes. This brightens everything up and makes me look awake. It is easy to sharpen too and just an overall great product.

4. Giorgio Armani  Master Corrector in #1- This is a holy grail for me. I use this everyday and although it is expensive it is 100% worth every single penny. The product lasts forever. I can see this lasting a year at least for me. I will 100% be purchasing this again when I use it up which probably won't be for a while. A little bit goes a long way.

5. NYC Smooth Skin Sunny Bronzer- This is an amazing bronzer for fair skinned girls and doesn't look orange on my face. The price is super cheap so you can't beat it and I like to travel with it since I don't mind if it breaks since it is cheap.

6. Beauty Blender- Another holy grail product for me. This is also a bit pricier but if you take good care of it you can easily get 6 months out of it. I prefer to toss mine after 3 months although I do wash it frequently. This gives an airbrush finish to my skin. I was never a foundation brush kind of girl. I prefer a dewy look so this is what I use for all foundations and tinted moisturizers.

7. Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Amethyst- This is a product that I bought, returned, and then bought again and boy am I glad that I bought it again. It doesn't look like much in the stick but on the eye is gives a beautiful purple shimmer. Laura Mercier really knows how to give you a classy glam look without looking too glittery or too much. I also love the convenience of the stick.

8. Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss- This was a product that came out in 2012 and I fell in love with it. I have the mauve one and the raspberry reflections and I love both equally. The formula feels very high end. I feel like it plumps my lips, is super glossy and shiny, and just looks beautiful. Probably one of the best drugstore lip glosses in my opinion.

9. Revlon Colorstay Base & Top Coat- I think I picked these up after hearing Amarixe talk about them. I'm very happy with both and don't have much of an interest in trying out any other products. They are very cheap and I truly think they have my nail polish last longer. I do wish the top coat was a bit shinier but other than that I love these. My top coat got a little red from a polish so I'll be picking up a new one soon.

10. Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler- I have probably tried all eyelash curlers on the market. I tried MAC, Chanel, Tarte, Shiesedo, Shu Uemura and probably more. I still keep going to back to this one. I like this one the most because it opens up more than the others so I can really get into all of my lashes and also I think it holds a curl the best. I wish this was at more stores but I know that Nordstroms does sell it now which is good.

11. Lancome Cils Booster XL- I use this product everyday before putting on any mascara. It's a primer for my lashes and just helps any mascara work better in my opinion. This is a little pricey but I can't stop buying it I just love it that much. I find after a few months I do need to toss it but I haven't found a lash primer as good as Lancomes.

12. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Brightener- The last product I want to talk about is one that everyone has talked about this year. I use this product to brighten my under eye area as a last step in my concealer routine. I think that you get a great value for what you pay and this product will last forever. This is very lightweight so it won't crease under your eyes.

So Maybelline made it on to the list twice which I think really says something about the products that Maybelline came out with this year. You can find great products that are high end but there are also a lot of great drugstore products. 2012 was year of trying out a ton of new things for me but also a focus on using things up. I hope to really make smarter makeup purchases in 2013 and to return things that I don't really enjoy. That's one of my personal beauty new years resolutions. I will also be doing a top 12 nail polishes of 2012 and also 13 products that I am dying to try in 2013. I hope you all are having a fun weekend and would love to know what your favorites were in 2012.

xx
Meredith

3 comments:

  1. I really need to get my hands on the Real Techniques brushes. Lovely favourites <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try that bronzer!! :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! A perfect mix of high- and low-end goodies. That Shiseido sunscreen sounds fantastic- I'll have to test it out soon! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete