Thursday, January 17, 2013

What's in My January Birchbox

January's Birchbox theme is new year, new you. The box is focused on making 2013 the best year ever. Being that this is a new year I was really excited to see what I was going to get in my box. Birchbox is currently the only beauty box subscription service that I still receive so I am always super excited when I get my box. This is what I got in my January Birchbox. 

What's in My January Birchbox
January Birchbox


What's in My January Birchbox

Here is the card with everything that I got in my box. I was happy to not receive any food but not so happy to get another perfume. I feel like all of these boxes always give the same types of products, hair oil, perfume, shampoos, and stuff like that. I guess companies tend to give the same types of samples.

What's in My January Birchbox

What's in My January Birchbox


In the above little box I got a perfume sample of Viva La Juicy and theBalm eyelid primer. I am soooo sick of getting perfume samples. I especially am not happy that I got an old perfume. While it is good and I do like it, I would prefer to try something new. The eyelid primer is a nice thing to try out but I have so many primers and since a little bit goes a long way I'm not sure when I will get to try this out. A full size of the perfume sells for $25-$90 depending on the size. The primer sells for $18 which is a decent price for high end eye primers.

January Birchbox: theBalm Put a Lid on It Eyelid Primer and Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy


Oh another shampoo! Can't you tell how excited I am? I am happy that this is for color treated hair but I don't travel much and don't really need any shampoo. Birchbox says, "This gentle shampoo containing fortifying omega acids and healing sea buckthorn berry oil to keep hair color bright and shiny."  A full size sells for $22. The ingredients do sound interesting so I'll try this out at some point and see if its really that good.
January Birchbox: Amika Color pHerfection Shampoo

The beauty extra is the Juice Beauty Daily Essentials to Go that includes a cleansing milk, antioxidant serum and nutrient moisturizer. A full size is $29. I'll hold onto these for travel but I've been trying really hard to stick to using the same skincare products for at least a few months before switching things up. Juice Beauty is supposed to have nice skincare products.
January Birchbox Juice Beauty Daily Essentials to Go


The last thing that I got in my box is from Embryolisse in Lait-Creme Concentre. I am excited to give this a try because this is a cult beauty favorite over in the UK.  Birchbox says, "A favorite of models and makeup artists, this cult French moisturizer heals dryness and leaves skin primed for foundation." A full size is just $16. This is an amazing price for a moisturizer.
January Birchbox: Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre 24 Hour Miracle Cream


The last thing in the box was this poster. If you are new to my blog then you should know that I hate getting these papers. I would prefer they would save money on printing and design and put it toward another item in the box. But I guess enough people like it that they keep doing it so it will just go into recycling for me. Cute idea but again a waste in my mind.
What's in My January Birchbox

What's in My January Birchbox

What's in My January Birchbox

So that is my January box. Not such a great start to the new year but I'm going to stick with them since they do have such a good points program. I'm excited to try the eye primer and the Embryolisse cream. The rest I'm not overly excited about but will put it all to good use. If you get Birchbox I would love to hear what you got in your box? If you are over in the UK are you planning on getting Birchbox over there?

xx
Meredith

4 comments:

  1. Yay for Embryolisse! I'd like that poster, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww.. the balm packaging is so cute xD

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not to thrilled with the poster either, but I did like my perfume sample that they sent. I got HArvy Prince

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got a few of the same things! I really like the moisturizer and theBalm primer is very similar to Urban Decays primer potion in my opinion. I didn't get a lifestyle extra this month, I still had 5 products though which I think is kind of interesting. I assumed everyone just got 5. You can see what I got this month also! Thanks for the post, I love seeing what everyone got and thinks about their monthly boxes!

    bellasandrabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete