Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top 10 Favorite Summer Lip Glosses

This blog post will be on my top 10 favorite summer lip glosses. Typically in the summer I enjoy bright pinks, peachy colors, pale pinks, and corals. Most of my favorite lip glosses are drugstore as I haven't really gotten into yet high end lip glosses. If you all have any suggestions I would love to hear though.
Tonya, Creamsicle, White Russian




Swatches of Buxom Creamsicle, White Russian, and Tonya
Creamsicle, White Russian, Tonya






1. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream in Creamsicle, retails for $18
A peachy pink color that leans more pink with no shimmer or sparkle. You get .14 oz and these are a Sephora exclusive. Sephora describes this color as a peach sorbet. This is probably one of my all time favorite summer colors. Its super creamy, it has a nice tingly and minty smell which I love and it just looks great on my lips. The tingling isn't too bad though and I actually kind of enjoy it. Probably not for everyone though. I kind of wish the packing was sleeker but the price is great for an amazing product. It is a bit sticky on your lips but not like mac lipglasses. I sometimes like my lipglosses to be a little sticky because then I feel like they last longer. 


2. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Cream in White Russian, retails for $18
A peachy nude color with no shimmer or sparkle. You get .14 oz and these are a Sephora exclusive. Sephora describes this color as a nude pink. This is currently sold out on the Sephora website and has been very popular in the the beauty community. If you can get your hands on this I say snatch it up. I love this for the Spring/Summer but I think its a great nude for all year really. The smell and consistency is the same as Creamsicle. 


3. Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Tonya, retails for $18
A hot pink with some shimmer in it. This is also a Sephora exclusive and you get .15 oz. Not sure why they decreased the amount that you get in the lip creams. If you don't want any shimmer than pick up the lip creams. Sephora describes this color as a hot pink sparkle. I think thats a great description. The consistency is the same as the lip creams except for the sparkle. Same minty flavor and tingly feel. The packing is also pretty much the same as the lip creams. 


Foiled, Coral Reef, Peony, Strawberry
Foiled, Coral Reef, Peony, Strawberry

4. Revlon Colorburst Strawberry, retails for around $7.49 (depending on location)
This is a fun and bright "strawberry" color. Its kind of a bright red mixed with pink in it. I love the payoff that this color gives. Its not sheer at all and can be worn alone. You can get these glosses at your local drugstore. They are not sticky and apply very smooth. If you don't like any shimmer in your gloss then avoid this color because it does have shimmer in it. You get .2 oz in this gloss. 


5. Revlon Colorburst Peony, retails for around $7.49 (depending on location)
This color is a little bit more shear but still very pretty for Summer. This does have shimmer in it. I find sometimes that the shimmer can get on my face but its not often and it doesn't stop me from wearing the color. I like to wear this with a lipstick since it is so sheer. The formula is the same as strawberry. You can get this at your drugstore. You get .2 oz in this gloss. 


6. Revlon Super Lustrous Coral Reef, retails for around $6.99 (depending on location)
This is another cult favorite color. I think that everyone should have this color in their collection if you like coral colors. Its super creamy on your lips and just looks beautiful. I prefer the consistency of the Super Lustrous glosses over the Colorburst ones and really prefer my glosses not to have shimmer in them unless its really finely milled. This fits the bill perfectly. Highly recommend this one. You get .2 oz in the gloss. 


7. Revlon Super Lustrous Foiled, retails for around $6.99 (depending on location)
This is a newly purchase color for me. Normally I would never pick up a color like this as I hate brown/bronze colors on my lips. This somehow works over lipsticks though to give your lips this super glossy and shiny look. I guess the name says it all. You can even put this color on the center of your lower lip and it just gives your lips a bit more fullness. Great addition to your collection. You get .2 oz in the gloss. 

NYX La La, NYX Dolly Pink, Clarins Instant Lip Perfector 01
La La, Dolly Pink, 01 Lip Perfecter
Swatches of NYX La La, Dolly Pink and Clarins Instant Lip Perfector in 01
Dolly Pink, La La, 01 Lip Perfecter










8.  Clarins Instant Light Perfector in 01, retails for $21
This is a sheer baby pink lip gloss. In addition to this being a gloss though it is also a lip treatment and extremely moisturizing on your lips. If you have dry lips and are looking for a gloss this is a great option. The gloss comes out of a felt tip applicator which I kind of like when applying the gloss. This is not sticky at all and kind of has a minty/vanilla smell but does not tingle at all on your lips like the Buxom ones. You can buy this at places like Macys, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdales. You get .35 oz of product so this is a better deal then the Buxom lip glosses per ounce. I kind of want to get my hands on all three colors that this comes in. 


9. NYX Mega Shine Dolly Pink, retails for $5.50
This color is a bright fuchsia pink that is extremely pigmented. This is more of a going out or party color for me and not something that I would wear to work as I work in a more conservative workplace. You get .37 oz so these glosses are the best value out of all of the ones I've listed here. According to their packaging these are cruelty free. I typically purchase my NYX products from Harmons which is based in NJ. Some Harmons are located in Bed, Bath, and Beyond and they may sell NYX their. You can also get it online at www.cherryculture.com. 


10. NYX Mega Shine La La, retails for $5.50
You get .37 oz of this gloss. This color is a really pretty pink color for summer that isn't too bright but isn't too pale either. This is not opaque so I would probably wear this with a lipstick but it could be worn alone too but a lighter color on your lips. These glosses are not sticky at all and the smell is kind of a cherry smell. Some people don't like the smell of these but I don't mind them. For the price these are one of my favorite lip gloss brands out there. I also really like the doe foot applicator. 


What are you must have summer lip glosses?


xx
Meredith 

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! Very in depth and clear pictures! =) Good work doll....XO Erin
    www.facedesignstudios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love nyx glosses they look so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coral Reef and Strawberry from Revlon have been two of my new favorites this year! I have not been able to find White Russian! I've gone nuts checking every Sephora and JCPenny. I will have to order it if I ever get the instock email from Sephora. =)

    ReplyDelete