Being that is is the holiday season I wanted to share with you some of my favorite red nail polishes to wear during this time of year. I picked my to 5 that I currently own. I'm excited to wear this especially during Christmas. I promise to do nail of the day posts as soon as I wear all of these colors.
|Favorite Holiday Red Nail Polishes|
1. Essie After Sex- This is a beautiful red with shimmer in it but no glitter. The shimmer is very subtle though and the formula is great on this. There are definitely some berry undertones to it but it comes off red on the nails. It's a classy red with an edge to wear on the nails. Positively Polished has some great pictures of it.
2. China Glaze Ruby Pumps- This is my all time favorite holiday polish. This polish is super unique. I've never seen a dupe for it. It is a sparkly red with glitter inside of the polish. This is not a glitter polish though but somehow China Glaze is able to make it look as though there is glitter in the polish. You need this color, it looks beyond amazing in the sunlight! Jen at From Head to Toe just did a great post on this color.
3. Butter London Knees Up- This is a new polish to my collection. I had it on my wishlist forever. This dries with a more sateen finish but is very pretty on the nails. It is a beautiful metallic jewel toned color on the nails. Let Them Have Polish has some great photos of this color.
4. NYC Color Penn Station- This is probably the least unique color and my least favorite of the bunch but yet still a classic red and since it's drugstore it's cheap. This is a true creme color on the nails.
5. Julep Demi- This is more of a burgundy red color on the nails. This is also a creme color that looks very classy on the nails. Some refer to this color as dark crimson. It looks deeper in the bottle than on the nails. BluMochi has some great photos of this color.
So those are some of my favorite reds to wear during this time of the year. What red nail polishes do you love? If you don't love reds what are your favorite polishes for the holidays?